Study Sites / Bibliographies / Language Aids /
Societies / Art
Study Sites, Texts and
- Theology Library * *
- simple in style and very rich with over 8000links; now hosted at Spring HIll College
- ** "Full texts by recognized religious scholars" — a very good collection of full text articles, most from well known
- BELIEVE Religious
- "BELIEVE is a collection of around 1,500 articles by respected
scholars on around 700 religious subjects."
- Internet Theology Links
- from the Alcuin and Clemens Libraries* * *
Systematic Theology on this site
Religious Studies Web guide
* * for those "involved in the academic study of religion." Includes links to images and maps
Wabash Center Guide to Internet Resources
- for Teaching and Learning in Theology and Religion.
- Christian Classics
- Contain links to electronic versions of classic Christian texts
(such as "The Ante-Nicene Fathers" etc.) **
- on-line early Church texts, glossaries and more: "Creating a Hypertext Encyclopedia of Early Church History on the World Wide Web"
- Computer Assisted Theology
- Internet Resources for the Study and Teaching of Theology. A large
gateway site with many rich links
- Internet Resources for the Study of Judaism and
- compiled by Jay C. Treat
- Fides Quaerens Internetum
- A Christian Theology page compiled by Bryan Stone at Boston
University from the Reformed tradition
- Project Wittenberg
- "Project Wittenberg is home to works by and about Martin Luther and
other Lutherans. Here you will find all manner of texts from short quotations
to commentaries, hymns to statements of faith, theological treatises to
biographies, and links to other places where words and images from the history
of Lutheranism live."
Verborum Martin Luther's German Writings 1516-1525
- a site started by Heinz Bluhm and stored at Boston College
- The Labyrinth:
Resources for Medieval Studies
- very extensive, now stored at Georgetown University
- Medieval sourcebook
- stored at Fordham University
- ORB: Online
Reference Book for Medieval Studies
- "ORB is an academic site, written and maintained by medieval scholars
for the benefit of their fellow instructors and serious students"
Medieval and Classical Library
- (OMACL) "a collection of some of the most important literary works
of Classical and Medieval civilization"
- The Reformation Guide
- some links about key figures sites and important texts
- Quran Browser
- "Browse and Compare Quran Translations " (in English)
with access to the translations of Khalifa, Pickthall, Shakir, Sher Ali and Yusuf Ali
the Woodstock Center at Georgetown Univ
- has some links to interesting programs and Jesuit texts
- a site in German about sects and new religious movements "Das
elektronische Informationssystem über Sekten, neue religiöse und
ideologische Gemeinschaften und Psychogruppen in Deutschland (and world-wide)
Concise History of Liberation Theology
- by Leonardo and Clodovis Boff. From the book Introducing
Liberation Theology (Orbis Books)
- "This page provides a selective, annotated list of links to Internet resources related to
women in religion, feminist theology, and the feminine divine."
- "A qualified, highly accessible multilingual resource managed by
experts. Texts and corpora from religions, humanities, research"
formatting and presentation makes the texts stored here more helpful for
concordance work than normal reading
Glossaries: (for scripture, see the Biblical
- Bibliographies for Theology
- William Harmless, S.J. from Spring Hill College has a number of
excellent annotated bibliographies for theology students**
- Glossary for
the Study of Judaism, Christianity and Islam
- started by Robert Kraft at UPenn
- A Reference List for
- -- a list of reference books for students beginning theology from
Gerald O'Collins, S.J. (oriented toward Catholic students)
- Glossary of Theological Terms
- taken from Alister McGrath's Christian Theology. Has a few that are not yet in Wikipedia.
- Religious &
- a great resource for finding articles and abstracts of these articles
from a wide range of theological journals. Found in many libraries, one can
also buy a subscription or a CD-Rom version or test the service on the website
(evaluation search limited to 5 found abstracts)
- Bibliographies of
- a list of links to bibliographies of modern, mostly German
theologians from the Theologial faculty at the University of Münster
- The Perseus Digital
- This site continues to expand from its start in the classics of the
Greek and Latin world. The Perseus Table of Contents page has links for searching Greek words or for Latin
words in several ways.
and Greenough's New Latin Grammar for Schools and Colleges
- as found on the Perseus site
- Latin Dictionary and Grammar Aid
- from Notre Dame University, which also recommends "Words" by William Whitaker which has about 30,000 entries
Philosophy Resources Page
- see also information on individuals in the "Thinkers" section of this site
- Images from the World's Religion
- stored at the University of Calgary
Theological Societies: (also a good source for resource links)
- The Council
of Societies for the Study of Religion
- is a federation of learned societies in religion interested in
developing greater coordination of the field as a whole. This site contains
information about both the CSSR and its constituent societies, an index to
Religious Studies Review, and a directory of the nearly 1600 departments and
programs of religious studies in North America.
- American Academy of
- "Founded in 1909, the AAR is the world's largest association of academics who research or teach topics related to religion."
- Academic Jewish Studies Internet Directory
- The Academic Jewish Studies Internet Directory is the prime gateway to 462 high quality resources for the study of Judaism, including access to library catalogs and to databases like "RAMBI - Index of Articles in Jewish Studies".
- Catholic Theological Society of America
- "Our purpose, within the context of the
Roman Catholic tradition, shall be to
promote studies and research in theology, to relate theological science to current problems, and to foster a more effective theological education, by providing a forum for an exchange of views among theologians and with scholars in other disciplines."
Association for Jewish Studies
- European Society of Catholic Theology
- the Irish Section of
the European Society
- International Network of Societies for Catholic
- or INSeCT for short, has world-wide reports and updates
- That's us!
- Society for
the Study of Theology
- The professional society in the United Kingdom. "SST exists...
...to promote excellence in the study of Christian Theology by facilitating and shaping theological thought, conversation and community.
In particular, the Society's object is to identify and discuss important themes, questions and dialogues which call for theological engagement; and to explore the nature of and foster theological integrity, responsibility and vocation in academy, church and other areas of public life."
- International Society for Religion, Literature and Culture
- Scholarly Societies Project
- sponsored by the Univ. of Waterloo Library: a listing of scholarly societies
- for religious truth is disclosed in many ways!
- To refresh oneself from too many words
- "the guide to great art on the Internet . . .8,229 artists listed; 2,186 art sites indexed; 180,000 works of art est."
- Art on the Web **
- a collection of over 1200 links; more academically oriented and not as commerical as site above
- Virtual Library
Museums Pages **
- a list of links to webmuseums, arranged geographically
- The Web Gallery of
- This site, based in Hungary, "contains over 9,200 digital
reproductions of European paintings and sculptures created between the years
1150 and 1800. A considerable number of the pictures are commented and
biographies of the significant artists are given"
- Theological and Religious Humor on the Web (!)
- From Wesley Wildmann's collection:
on culture and religion
Home page |
Theological Resources |
Church & Religion
Moral Theology / Ethics |
Justice Peace |
Prayer / Spirituality |
Libraries | Irish
Calendar | Irish Books |
Courses in Theology
The ITA |
The IBA |
European Society |